If you have been looking to lose some weight or you just want to improve the quality of your overall diet, then juicing may be a viable option for you. It can be hard to eat healthy when we are constantly on the move, chasing the kids, or getting caught up with work. Getting your recommended daily allowance of fruits and vegetables can seem like an almost impossible task. This is why juicing has become so popular.
While there may be critics who say that juicing is somewhat silly, and that you should be eating all of your fresh produce, they don’t seem to take into account that a lot of folks don’t have the time or the desire to do so. When juicing is done right it can be a tremendous asset to your health, but juicing may also pose a risk to some if they over do it. Moderation is key, and as a way to supplement your diet, juicing can be rather rewarding.
If you fall into the category of those who just don’t have the time to treat yourself like you should, then getting a centrifugal juicer is going to be your best option. These are extremely fast machines that quickly extract juice from the pulp of a wide variety of fruits and veggies. They are simple to use, easy to clean, and they can provide you with a wonderful dose of the nutrients you need to thrive during the day. We gathered a few of the best centrifugal options that are worth using in your kitchen.
If you were looking for a masticating juicer then the number of high quality brand names to choose from would be numerous. Omega, Kuvings, Tribest, and Champion all make superb masticating juice extractors that are well built and will give you a great juicing experience. However, for centrifugal machines, there is really only brand name to consider.
For years Breville has taken the lead when it comes to centrifugal juice extractors. They are extremely well designed machines that owners really love using on a daily basis. There really is not a close competitor when it comes to these types of juicing appliances. One look at the latest juicer reviews for 2018 and you will see why they continue to be so highly regarded. Below are just some of the Breville models that will give you a terrific experience in your kitchen.
This is their most basic model and it is a great juicer for a beginner who isn’t sure that juicing is for them and who doesn’t want to spend a lot of money to find out. It has one speed, which is super fast. It also has a built in pulp catcher to make things more convenient. This also helps take up less counter space. Some of its highlights include:
- One speed to simplify the juicing process.
- Low cost model that will set you back about $100. This makes it a perfect starter juicer for those who want to try it first without a big investment.
- Super fast and easy to clean. Take out all of the hassle and time needed to get a great tasting glass of fresh juice.
This model is a great step up from the BJE200XL. It has a slightly higher powered motor and it offers two speeds. You can use the slower speed for softer fruits and the higher speed for harder veggies. This will allow you to get the most juice as possible from various types of produce. This is a mid-range model that is also quite popular.
- Excellent juicer for the money. This will typically cost around $150 and is a good option for those looking for a something a little more robust.
- Plastic housing that is easy to keep clean with dishwasher safe parts.
- Dual speed for greater customization and higher juice yield.
This is one of Brevilles top of the line models that is worth the investment if you can afford it. This thing is a beast that will handle anything that you can throw at it.
- Stainless steel housing that really shines on your countertop. The extra strong materials and sturdy construction will ensure efficient juicing for years to come.
- Easy to clean with dishwasher safe parts, all of Breville’s models are designed to be as hassle free as possible.
- An even stronger motor that will breeze through even the toughest of foods. This provides an exceptionally fast juicing experience and is an optimal choice for hectic schedules.
A Few Drawbacks
While centrifugal juicers are extremely fast, there are a few trade offs for all of that speed. First, they are quite a bit louder than masticating juicers. The robust motors that spin the cutting discs at high speeds generate a fair amount of noise, similar to that of a blender. Secondly, they are not as efficient and produce slightly less juice when handling leafy vegetables. You might have to run your kale or spinach a few times through the machine to get as much juice as a masticating model.
If you just don’t have the time or the patience to methodically juice your produce, however, then these issues can be overlooked. You will still get a glass full of nutrient dense goodness, and you will get it in a shorter amount of time, and this is the reason why centrifugal juicing machines are so popular today. If your diet is suffering and you are looking for a way to improve it, then one of these juice extractors may be just what you need.